For:Everybody aged 5¾-8.
When:Tuesday nights (5:45-7) and Thursday nights (5:15-6:30).
Where:At the Scout hut on Tuesdays (behind St Chad's church, access from Lorne Street), in the hall at Southlands Church on Thursdays.
Beaver Scouts are our youngest members. They usually meet weekly to take part in a wide range of activities including games, crafts, singing, visits and good turns, along with plenty of outdoor activities.
What's the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go to camps and sleepovers, often for the first time. Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative - making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring - responding to the needs of others, the local and international community