For:Everybody aged 10½-14.
When:Tues nights and Thursday nights (7:15-9).
Where:At the Scout hut (behind St Chad's church, access from Lorne Street).
What don't Scouts do? At this age, we encourage girls and boys to take responsibility for themselves and each other, with older members leading a small team as a Patrol Leader. They like being with friends and participating fully in the adventure of life. Throughout the year, Scouts learn various skills, such as map reading, camp cooking and first aid in preparation for camp. In the Troop Scouts:
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn emergency aid
- Spend nights away, we have numerous weekend camps throughout the year as well as an annual week-long summer camp.
- Help others in the community
- Cook, both at home and at camp
- Adventurous and sporting activities: anything from abseiling to zorbing
- Learn survival skills